In the past month I have started posts about
- helping people
- being helped (and being vulnerable)
- reaching out if you see someone struggling
- being your best self (and being your worst self)
- being stretched vs being centered
- being kind
- recognizing cruelty (and what to do about it)
- standing up when you are scared (to stand)
I have published none. I cannot seem to finish them. I cannot seem to find a way to resolve them or say what I want to say. It might be because I don’t know exactly what I want to say, but there are a few common themes.
- Be kind
- Help each other
- Dig in the dirt and spend time outside
- Challenge yourself but know where your center is
- Stand up for kindness (and against cruelty)
And that is how it works when you are blocked.
If I were my own best friend I would tell myself to look back at where I have come from (lots of unpublished posts), reflect on where I am (frustrated with a steaming pile of unpublished posts), and move forward (publish a post that is a compilation of all the steam). Done. There might a train analogy in here (steam and locomotion) or a compost analogy (steaming pile and creating something new). But I am going to leave you on your own to mull that over (cider and such, mull, get it? ha. tis the season).